Friday, October 14, 2011

Update

It's been a month since the surgery & I'm feeling great! :) The doctor confirmed a few weeks ago that I didn't have ovarian cancer...but that it was just a bunch of nasty "Endometriosis." It still isn't fun to hear that you have endo...but it was a HECK of a lot better than the really bad thing. I feel truly blessed. Now, it's time for me to start "Lupron." I only have to be on that for the next 6 months, then after that...hopefully we'll have some luck of becoming parents naturally (without the costly IVF procedure). But whatever it takes, we will do it! I just know that when I read that first plus sign on my pregnancy test, I will literally be the happiest girl in the world! :) Just keeping the faith & hoping for the best.
In other news, Jared & I took our first family pics since our wedding day! It was a blast! :) I know ge feels a little uncomfortable when a photographer is telling us to smooch, because "their watching," is what he told me lady night. ;) Haha...but he was a good sport about it. I know he'll be glad we took them when we're old people looking back on good times. :) Our photographer was the best too! She is a girl who's husband works with my hubby at Rocky Mountain Power. She made me bust up laughing so many times, I have a feeling I'll look like the donkey from Shrek, flashing my ginormous gums in the pics...haha...oh well. ;) It will all be worth it! (Hopefully she has a good Photoshop system as she's editing our pics!) ;) But really, family pics are great. I have a goal to have them done once a year...just to see the changes in our lives as the years pass by. Who knows, in a couple of years, we could change from a family of two, to a family of three! :) We'll see, I guess. But anywho...just thought I'd update this thing, since it's been a while!
-the end

4 comments:

  1. Yay, an update! I'm so glad that the procedure went well and wasn't quite as serious as was first thought.

    Good luck on that baby-making in 6 months....yes, it's an amazing feeling (indescribable really) to see that plus sign.

    Can't wait to see your family pictures; I love getting those done too and with kids...there's even more of a motivation to do it.

    They grow up so fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you both figured everything out and now hopefully by this time next year you will be preggers! I can't wait for that to happen, no 2 people deserve it more than you guys, can't wait for my BFF to have the most ghetto white kids outside of Socal :) haha, and glad the pics went well, the ones on facebook are gorgeous :) love you mucho! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to comment on here! I'm soooo happy to hear that surgery went well. You'll have your cute little family in NO TIME! I believe it! I have faith. I'll be praying for you :)

    Let's get together, yeah, yeah, yeah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kimmi! I found you! I haven't talked to you in a very long time! I was hoping to find you so I don't lose contact with you. You should email me @stacyhochstettler@gmail.com and maybe we can talk sometime. : )

    ReplyDelete