Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Viva La Mexico Riviera!

Last week was amazing! Jared was able to take off a week of work, so we decided to go on a cruise to the Mexican Riviera! I gained about 10 lbs. But we weren't counting then, because we were on vacation. :) Our first stop was in Puerto Vallarta. It was filled with a lot of fun Mexican culture. The only negative thing I can say about it is that there were WAY too many guys wearing speedos. Which fortunately is NOT the trend in the US. Haha. Ew! Anyways, the next day we traveled to Mazatlan. We took a bus tour through the city. It was adventurous and we had the chance of seeing a gorgeous cathedral. After we toured the cathedral, we walked across the street to the park and danced in a gorgeous gazeebo. :) The best part was when a group of kids that were on a field trip came running up on to the gazeebo. They looked at us as though we were aliens from another planet! Once Jared opened his mouth to speak spanish to them, they looked at him with pure shock! They spoke back to him. He was so happy to have the chance to work on his espanol again (since he served in mexico on his mission). :) The final port was in Cabo San Lucas. It wad my favorite! We snorkled and kayaked along the cabo coast. It was GORGEOUS!! :) We kayaked really close to some seals that were swimming around! They were so cute! :) I wanted to pet one because they were that close, but I chickened out for fear that they might think that were lunch or something! After the day in Cabo was through, we headed back to our port in San Diego. Although the ports were fun to visit, my favorite experience was traveling on the ship! There was so much to do and eat! It was amazing and we met some really fun people that we intend to stay in contact with, which happen to live in American Fork Utah. Not too far away from my parent's place! :) The entertainment was awesome! They had magicians, comedians and my favorite, the Elton John impersonator!! He sounded exactly like him and was crazy hillarious! :) I loved the cruising experience. The ultimate best part though, was being able to hang out with my hubby all week!! He works all the time it seems, so it was definitely needed. :) I would cruise with Holland America again...but next time we're going on a Disney cruise! :)

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh! Your vacation sounded like so much fun! :D I want to goooo! I'm taking a class that's studies the ancient ruins and art of Mesoamerica. I love it!

    I miss you!!! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome! Especilly the snorkeling part :)
    Glad you had such a good time and got to be with just Jared for a time. Love you lots bff. Tell jared I say Hola!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You LUCKY girl!!! How fun to get away on a cruise! It sounded beautiful...and I bet I wouldn't even be able to tell you gained 10lb. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting on my blog! Every time you do, it reminds me that I need to look at yours :) I have been thinking about going on a Mexican Riviera cruise so I would love some of your thoughts and would love to see some pics. You should email me (jennijensen@gmail.com). Who did you meet from AF? Thats where I grew up and work now. Small world!

    ReplyDelete