Thursday, May 27, 2010

What a whirlwind!

I was feeling a bit sick to my stomach for a while (not in the way people may think)..but because of the job/apprenticeship search that my husband has been going through. Times have been tough out there and with the good ole' economy the way that it's been, we haven't been holding out too much hope for Jared getting into a good apprenticeship program.

Nevertheless, after MANY days turning into months of job search, e-mailing resumes, fasting, praying and humbling ourselves, I'm pleased to say that miracles Do happen! :) Jared just found out yesterday that we will be moving to good ole' sunny............ Bakersfield! Yeah, I know it's Bakersfield, but it's an apprenticeship! :)

I will miss my family here in Utah, but I know we'll be coming back someday soon, since this is where we'd like to settle down. Meanwhile, we're counting our blessings and taking it one step at a time.

I'm thankful to God for his love and constant care he has for us. Although we may not feel deserving of his blessings, he loves and wants the best for all of us. I know that I've seen some incredible miracles happen in our family over the last few years and all that I can feel right now, is pure gratitude.

So, we're going on an adventure.... "California here we come!" :)

5 comments:

  1. So happy for you! Good luck in California...come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay yay yay!!!! tell jared congrats for me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy Jared found a job. Dan told Wesley this morning and I was so happy for you guys!! I know you will be sad to move away from your family, but like you said, you will move back soon. And it's so great that he found an apprenticeship. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS I love your blog-it's so cute and that pic of you two is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What an adventure. Congrats and good luck darlin'! xoxox

    ReplyDelete